[vorbis] bit rate

Vincent vincent.tiberghien at fsatie.ac.za
Tue Sep 23 02:48:26 PDT 2003

i have a hard time understanding clearly the different steps in the encoding
process, could someone tell me what are they and give a few lines to explain
each of these different steps.

According to me, it's the following :

meking different frames of the signal.
choose the mode to encode the different frame (huffman?).
encode the frame.
bitpacking
creation of the codebook.
writing the headers.
embending into ogg.

i think i forget a lot of things and i am probably also wrong.