[vorbis] how long until 1.1?

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Tue Sep 30 06:53:14 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 00:54, John Morton wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2003 17:50, you wrote:
> >  On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 19:38, John Morton wrote:
> >  > On Saturday 27 September 2003 07:26, you wrote:
> >  > >  Here's the provisional release notes:
> >  > >
> >  > >  http://wiki.xiph.org/Release101
> >  >
> >  > Has the patch to split the float to int conversion code into a separate
> >  > function ended up in CVS anywhere? I can resubmit it to someone, if
> >  > there's any interest in including it.
> >
> >  That seems to have slipped my brain.  Can you point me to the original
> >  submission?
>
> http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200305/0011.html
>
> The patch against what was then mainline CVS was pretty much the same as the
> one against 1.0, so it should be straight forward to reapply and examine.

I think this patch is a good idea, but I don't think we should apply it
to the 1.0.1 release.  It's a little too close at the moment.  Remind me
(in private email) as soon as 1.0.1 gets out the door to pester Monty
about including this.  It's something I've wanted as well.

Sorry it got dropped on the floor.  :(

---
Stan Seibert