[vorbis] Poor quality of low bitrate encoding

Tyler Knott vault-responce at charter.net
Wed Sep 10 16:59:31 PDT 2003

In testing, I have found that both MP3 and RealAudio 3(!) are much
better sounding at bitrates from 8 to 40-something kbps than Ogg
Vorbis.  This definatly needs drastic improvents and I know that 1.1
will be focusing on improvements in those areas but that seems pretty
far off(a few months minimum) which leaves low-bitrate streams sounding
pretty bad.