[vorbis] WATCOM compiled libraries

info at moonbyte.de info at moonbyte.de
Tue Oct 21 08:19:11 PDT 2003

Hello,

as usual for me with precompiled libraries, the ones of the vorbis-
sdk didn't work for me in WATCOM/Win32, so i compiled them on my own
(vorbis_static.lib / vorbisfile_static.lib - it was possible after
some slight changes like slightly modifiyng the typedef types that
Watcom didn't know)

The libraries work fine so far (like getting the file info), but when
calling ov_read the program hangs up in a loop. I assume that this
endless loop is caused by number rounding or anything. After looking
in the libraries sources again I noticed that I'll probably need to
add some more changes in os.h,maybe sth with all that fpu stuff?!
Does anyone know which adjustments need to be done for Watcom? I just
want to use vorbis, so I've got no knowledge how it all works etc.

I found a post in the archives (http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-
dev/200012/0081.html) that deals with WATCOM but its from 2000 and
the os.h seems quite different know.

Thanks in advance.
Robert

--