[vorbis] Metadata format.

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Mon Oct 20 06:50:21 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:27:13AM +0200, Oscar Sundbom wrote:

> I mean, Vorbis metadata is someting I'm both looking forward to and wouldn?'t mind doing some work on,
> that is, if anyone would let me after this. :)

What do you want it for? The original interest in an Ogg metadata format
was just so people who cared about such things could record everything
there was to know about a track within the file. A number of people
lately have said they want player/tagger applications to be able to work
out the correct metadata for a file and use that for retagging/renaming
in a systematic way. Both of those are pretty vague as requirements go.

 -r