[vorbis] Total Tracks Tag?

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 10 07:06:00 PDT 2003

Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> > Same thing for the track number and track count tags. If you have
> > limited screen real estate (and who doesn't) then you may choose to
> > display only the track number, not the track count. That doesn't mean
> > that you don't want to store the track count, just that it's a different
> > piece of data.
>
> It's metadata about an album, not quick scribblings about one track.
>
> It doesn't belong in the tags.

I agree: never thought about this, but: I don't care how many tracks an
album has when playing, all that (eventually) matters is the current tracks
number...I'm currently putting the tracktotal into the tags, but I will stop
this as soon as I found a fine (free) metadata app for linux. Someone nows one?

-- Daniel

                -- Blair P. Houghton