[vorbis] Joining .WAV files with ogg-vorbis

Glendon M. Gross gross at xinetd.com
Thu Oct 16 19:42:32 PDT 2003

By the way, I was delighted to find out that I could join .ogg files
with cat, i.e.

cat {file1.ogg} file2.ogg > outputfile.ogg

join two .WAV files in the following manner:

oggenc -q9 file2.wav

---

cat file1.ogg file2.ogg > outfile.ogg

ox outfile.ogg outfile.wav

I get a few complaints from sox about "holes in the file, probably
harmless."
But the resulting file has a nice RIFF header and works fine for me.  So
after searching the internet for an easy way to combine .wav files, I am
glad
to discover that xiph's commitment to open standards has solved one of
my
problems caused by a bad design of a proprietary standard.  :)

Glendon Gross
Satisfied Ogg-Vorbis User