[vorbis] iTunes for Windows - Ogg Vorbis support

Andrew Greenburg agreenbu at nyx.net
Thu Oct 16 14:48:06 PDT 2003

metrom <metrom at vorbis.nu> wrote:
: I absolutly love the program, have been waiting for it for a long time.
:
: But, the Ogg Vorbis support is not good.
:
: There is this project: http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net/
:
: -It's very very slow.
: -Not perfect vorbiscomment support (no support for chars like øæåö etc.)
:
: metrom

Yes. Unfortunately, there still has yet to be any good Ogg Vorbis
implementation for Quicktime, and I suspect that this will continue to be
the case unless Apple implements support for it themselves (which they
probably won't do, particularly seeing as you have to buy a $20 add-on
from them just to get mpeg-2 support). Also, in order to support Ogg
Vorbis streaming, I think that some modifications to iTunes itself would
also be necessary.

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg