[vorbis] Total Tracks Tag?

Oscar Sundbom oscar.sundbom at swipnet.se
Mon Oct 13 05:24:52 PDT 2003

Since this discussion has now, for me it seems, reached almost religious levels, I'd like to get something clarified. What would be the main difference between the tags we've got now and a meta-data system, provided they are both stored in the files (which is something not going away soon, I'm guessing).

Also, how is adding TOTALTRACKS (or TRACKCOUNT as someone proposed) a hack?

Sorry if this has already been clarified before. Just needed to get my facts straight before throwing myself into the discussion.

Regards
Oscar