[vorbis] Total Tracks Tag?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at users.sf.net
Mon Oct 6 10:39:02 PDT 2003

Petr Tomasek wrote on 2003-10-06:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:51:52PM +0200, Daniel Schregenberger wrote:
> > Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> > > Why not just say
> > >
> > >	TRACKNUMBER=4 of 8
> > > or
> > >	TRACKNUMBER=4th of 8 total
> > > or
> > >	TRACKNUMBER=The fourth part of eight.
> > > or even
> > >	TRACKNUMBER=Almost halfway.
> >
> > Not everybody is talking english...maybe use an "international" version like
> >
> > TRACKNUMBER=4/8
> >

> Existing app's may be confused by the fact, that TRACKNUMBER is not integer...

That would indicate that these apps are broken.  Conventions are
useful but programs should be ready to see absolutely anything in the
track fields, and any program that can't show arbitrary comments is
sub-useful.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at users.sf.net>

WEP was broken on every concievable level, and on several
inconcievable levels.  -- Shachar Shemesh in linux-il