[vorbis] vorbiscomment and multi line comments

Kyle Rose krose at krose.org
Thu Oct 2 06:42:37 PDT 2003

Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> writes:

> He said 'field names' not 'field contents'. The tag names must be formed
> from an ascii subset by spec. It really is meant to be quick-and-dirty,
> casual metadata.
>
> The values of the tags, after the '=' delimeter, are utf-8.

The way I read the discussion, it sounded like the problem was
something like this:

SOMETAG=In the early 20th century, Albert Einstein laid the
foundations for a theory that would eventually give us
E=mc^2, the fundamental basis for the nuclear bomb.

In this case, the two field names are "SOMETAG" and "E".

Cheers,
Kyle