[vorbis] The Beeb's Archives

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 07:02:02 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 01:07:57PM +0100, boink wrote:
> the BBC had a stream going for Radio 1 in ogg format, but for lack of
> interest, stopped it.
>
> well .. if anyone can stream it (I can only receive BBC Radio 1 in
> long wave, not good enough quality for streaming) from Stereo FM or from
> the Satelite, I can provide the bandwidth (icecast server). And I mean
> an ogg stream here.

Don't you mean BBC Radio 4? (198kHz LW)

BBC Radio 1 is VHF FM only nowadays. (It used to be on 1053 and 1089kHz
MW until the early 1990s.)

The reason I was told (which might be wrong) that the Beeb stopped
doing Ogg Vorbis streams was that they lost the staff member involved
with that project. All rights had been cleared.

http://support.bbc.co.uk/ogg/

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)