[vorbis] The Beeb's Archives

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 7 04:07:57 PST 2003

the BBC had a stream going for Radio 1 in ogg format, but for lack of
interest, stopped it.

well .. if anyone can stream it (I can only receive BBC Radio 1 in
long wave, not good enough quality for streaming) from Stereo FM or from
the Satelite, I can provide the bandwidth (icecast server). And I mean
an ogg stream here.

Why wait for the BBC? Why can do this ourselves.

b.

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:02:10PM +0000, Ralph Giles wrote:
> >
> > We'll need a new list if we start to drown
> > in new station announcements, but I don't see how that can be a bad
> > thing. :)
> >
> I noticed an article in the local press a few weeks back which was
> reporting that the BBC was planning on making all of its radio and
> television programme archive available online for download.  It did
> not say whether there would be a charge, but the tone of the article
> suggested not.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if they were to offer it in Xiph/Ogg formats.
>
> John.

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit -
Seneca

(there is no great genuis without madmess)