[vorbis] Extracting sample count from a Vorbis packet

Aaron Colwell acolwell at real.com
Wed Nov 5 00:31:30 PST 2003

I was wondering if there was a way to determine the number of samples in a
Vorbis packet without having to decode the whole thing? The reason I'm
asking this is because I'm thinking about implementing the current Vorbis
RTP draft for Helix. The problem is that the Ogg pages only contain a
single timestamp. If I want to split up the Vorbis packets on different
boundries than the Ogg page boundries, I'll need to know the number of
samples associated with each packet so I can generate proper timestamps.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Aaron