[vorbis] Problems with the pyvorbis Python wrapper under Windows

Csaba Henk ekho at renyi.hu
Sun May 18 13:09:07 PDT 2003

Hi!

The following Python code does what is excepted under Linux:

>>> from ogg.vorbis import *
>>> com=VorbisFile('01.ogg').comment()
>>> com['title']='foo'
>>> com.write_to('01.ogg')

but under Windows I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  IOError: [Errno 17] File exists

(I checked the permissions of 01.ogg, 'twas writable (as it resides on a
fat32 filesys...))

Is here something I should do Windows-specifically? That would be rather
ugly. I don't think Python would be so ugly. I rather think it's a bug...

What do you think of it?

Csaba