[vorbis] ogg encode tts output

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Sun May 11 08:57:59 PDT 2003

Raena Lea-Shannon (raen7 at ihug.com.au) wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a shell script in linux bash for encodimg  raw audio output
> from text to speech app into an ogg file. I am running festival speech. The
> command line for basic tts is
>
> festival> bin/festival --tts myfile.txt

$ vsound -f hello.wav sh -c 'echo hello | festival --tts -' &&
  oggenc -q 1 -o hello.ogg hello.wav &&
  rm hello.wav

I couldn't find any options in festival to write to a file, so I
used vsound to intercept the output to the sound card.  If your
version of festival has some sort of file output, then use that
instead.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |