[vorbis] Post compression downmix to mono?

Paul Ellis paul at ellisfoundation.com
Tue May 6 13:02:29 PDT 2003

I already sent this, but it didn't look like it worked.  Here's a retry.

I was wondering.  Is there any way (or is it even possible with how vorbis
is setup) to downmix a file that has already been compressed stereo to a
mono file without quality degredation, but with the file getting smaller?
I know I can convert it to pcm and then compress it again but that would
take too much time for a lot of files and it would lower the quality.

Paul