[vorbis] Vorbis vs Speex

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 00:57:28 PDT 2003

Unless Easy cdda has one (or you can talk them into providing one), the only
other real choice is to use a stand-alone encoder.

Rip the cd to WAV and then either use the command line encoder in batch mode
or use SpeexDrop.  SpeexDrop might not be the latest version of Speex, so
you might want to use the command line version.  I don't know if it can
handle wild cards so I don't know if you could do something like: encode
[options] *.wav

Not quite as convenient, but that's going to be about the only other choice.

I guess you could install Nero using a warez reg key, but that's not legal
and too much trouble for just a few cd's.

New codecs always have limited application support for a long time.