[vorbis] Vorbis vs Speex

J C Fitzgerald v7022 at wave.co.nz
Sun May 25 19:23:31 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have downloaded Vorbis and played with it, and I have downloaded
Speex but not yet played with it.  My understanding is that Vorbis
is targetted at high-quality audio (music) while Speex is targetted
at speech quality audio (telephoney and such).  So I have two questions
to ask the group:

1.  Which would your experiences show is the better codec for recording
    high quality speech such as radio interviews?

2.  Are the hardware player manufacturers looking at incorporating
    Speex as well as Vorbis in the future?

TIA,
John.