[vorbis] problems with beta4 encoder

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Mar 25 01:15:02 PST 2003

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 20:06, cathy downy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am trying to run beta4 encoder on a Sun machine. Want to compare floor0
> and floor1. Do not have autoconf and automake.
>
> Got the encoder to compile with a simple makefile. The only define i am
> using is NO_FLOAT_MATH_LIB.
>
> The encoded file when played(winamp) gives out plain noise. Am i
> missing any other flags/defs?
>
> -Cathy

beta4 is a) a beta, and b) over 2 years old. We're not going to try and
support old versions, and certainly not when you're trying to avoid using the
build system supplied with it.

Later versions have MANY other improvements as well as the change from floor0
to floor1, so you wouldn't get a meaningful comparison anyway