[vorbis] mapping mux vector question

Dominik Kuhlen dkuhlen at fhm.edu
Sat Mar 15 06:08:21 PST 2003

Hello everybody

According to "vorbis-spec-ref.html"
paragraph: "mappings", the vector [vorbis_mapping_mux]
should contain the following:
4.
if [vorbis_mapping_submaps] is greater than one, we read channel multiplex settings.
For each [j] of [audio_channels] channels:
        1. vector [vorbis_mapping_mux] element [j] = read 4 bits as unsigned integer
        2. if the value is greater than the highest numbered submap
            ([vorbis_mapping_submaps] - 1), this in an error condition rendering the stream undecodable

But, what are the values of vector [vorbis_mapping_mux]
if [vorbis_mapping_submaps] is not greater than one?

paragraph: "packet type, mode and window decode"
8. for [i] in range [right_window_start] ... [right_window_end]-1,
        window([i]) = sin(.5 * PI * sin^2( ([i]-[right_window_start]+.5) / [right_n] * .5 * PI/2. + .5 * PI) )
9. window from range [rigth_window_start] ... [n]-1 is zero
This should be "right_window_end", otherwise it wouldn't make
sense

paragraph "floor curve decode"

 From this point on, we assume out decode context is using mode number
                                             ^^^
My english ist not the best, but I think this should be "our" not "out".

Dominik