[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 07:15:22 PST 2003

With portable players, I imagine that it would be possible to do
user-specified display of tags. Most high-end portable players come with a
PC/Mac (and in the case of Neuros, Linux) connection system & software
based-manager for the player. If you had the ability to set the displayed
tags, in a similar  way to how you do for wa2, then the portable players
would have customisable display of tag information.

I do agree however, that with Hardware players such as the KISS dvd player,
that it would be near impossible to allow customisiable tags, unless you
included keypad entry of text, to manualy type in the %TAGS%. Obviously,
that would take ages and would become pretty pointless.