[vorbis] Vorbis streams on Windows Media Player

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 24 23:20:54 PST 2003

indeed, this is still the problem number one with voribs/ogg -- nobody
can use it.

whereas mp3 is now totally "mainstream", ogg is still very much unknown
and for most impossible to use.

Will Windows Media and Real Audio ever be set to play ogg streams? Isn't
the whole concept of open source against their principles?

And Winamp? Are they really sincere in getting the next version working
with ogg as well as Winamp 2.8 does?

boink.