[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

Sergey Meniailenko sergeymk at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Mar 4 22:31:26 PST 2003

It should probably be clear by now that using vorbis comments for metadata is not a good idea because the majority of current users (at least ones on this mailing list) are not ok with it. I would want to have a separate metadata format in that case, but it seems like too much pain -- considering that in a few years we may be able to look songs up from a remote database using their ISRC or something. Maybe we should wait and see? We may be able to deal with what we have, until database developers decide whether or not they want to develop a separate metadata format.

Sergey