[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Mar 3 20:04:01 PST 2003

On 3 Mar 2003 at 23:19, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> All player programs I use store data like that in a separate
> database, not in the streams.

It's not practical to expect that one can maintain a complete database,
when the person may wish to have copies on several PCs at home, in a
portable device, in the car, at the office, etc.  Even just a single PC
can have multiple operating systems, and any number of players.  IMO,
it's *absurd* to create a dependency on a database where none is
needed.

Named tags present a unique compromise of expresibility, readability,
portability, and mobility that I appreciate very much. :)

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org