[vorbis] backing up comments

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 04:16:49 PST 2003

K>Yesterday I found an ID3 thing, which supposedly supports both MP3 and Ogg
K>Vorbis tags: http://id3-py.sf.net/.
quote from site "This module allows one to read and manipulate so-called ID3
informational tags on MP3 files through an object-oriented Python
interface"
    only mention of Vorbis is "dictionary style" thing "compatible with
ogg.vorbis module". I presume this is only for Vorbis, and i don't have the
time to try it out myself.

K>What would be even cooler is if it were possible to do auto post-tagging.
K>Using cddb-py (http://cddb-py.sf.net/) it might be quite possible...
how? to quote the site: "This is actually a set of three modules to access
the CDDB online database of audio CD track titles and information"