[vorbis] extract/encode a part of a ogg track

Tyler Knott vault-responce at charter.net
Mon Jul 28 17:17:47 PDT 2003

RKTMB M A wrote:

>On Monday 28 July 2003 03:56, Michael Smith wrote:
>

>>As Stan suggested, you could use vcut. Note that vcut DOES have bugs, so
>>you should be careful with it, and it's not really an end-user-friendly
>>program (it was mostly written as a proof of concept). So watch out, and
>>make sure you check that the output sounds correct.
>>

>ok . thanks .
>and would you know another way to do it ?
>for example if a could find a .wav splitter it also would work .. as i could
>decode , split and encode ... would that be right ?
>I made some search on google but wav splitters are not very common programs ..
>:-) ...

You could also try Ogg Cutter by Tobias(see
http://tobias.everwicked.com/ under the tools section).  I haven't tried
it myself but it sounds like it would do the job.  I think that BeSweet
will do wav splitting.  Or you could use Audacity(free audio editor, see
audacity.sf.net) to spit the file.  Both apps have built in Vorbis
(de/en)coders.