[vorbis] Flaming

Myles Buckley mylesb at conexsys.net
Sun Jul 6 22:13:07 PDT 2003

Nathan I. Sharfi (ns) Sent on Saturday, July 05, 2003 14:26:

mb>>  I like _my_ comments - done _my_way_.  I don't give a rats back-end
about
mb>> anyone else's commenting methods.  No one should give a rats back-end
about
mb>> MY comments done MY way either.
mb>>
ns>And yet, I'm somewhat curious how you tag your files. You might have a
good
ns>idea worth adopting--or at least it'd be a decent starting point for a
ns>discussion of music tastes.

my tags are as follows:

oktodelete=0
 or
oktodelete=1

if my 'sound' partition drops below 5% free, I have a script that runs
through my oggs looking for files that are oktodelete (1).

If the scrips finds the value=0, or no comment field it keeps it for first
pass.
If hdd space is still below 5% after the first pass, it starts deleting
files without any comment tag set.
Once its done, it sends me an email with the status of free space.

The only files that I set give oktodelete=0 are the ones I want to keep
above all else.  (my flacs and .oggs that are garftuned at Q=7.0 or higher
are ALWAYS set as oktodelete=0)

As you can see it has NO relevance to musical tastes.

:)
-Myles Buckley