[vorbis] beta firmware for Neuros available

Hugo van der Merwe hugo at adept.co.za
Thu Jul 3 13:59:58 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:30:16PM +0200, Haas Wernfried wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 03:18:45AM -0500, Stan Seibert wrote:
> > At the current time, Digital Innovations is still working getting the
> > devices approved for sale in Europe.  It appears the low power FM
> > transmitter is a concern.  So I don't even think a US company can send
> > it directly to you.
> i already thought that this feature might be causing problems, but
> well, one day i might get one, too :-)

I feel the same, living in South Africa, I don't think we're too high
on the list of priorities... :(

A reply from Neuros support, on 19 June:

"""Thank you for your interest in the Neuros MP3 digital audio computer.
We are very excited about the endless new possibilities that this
product will offer the digital audio community.  International
distribution of the Neuros MP3 digital audio computer is planned for
2004.  As a result, retail prices and store locations are not known at
this time. We are unable to process international orders through our
website.  We are currently working on modifications and testing that are
needed to make the Neuros compliant outside of North America. In
addition to this, we are working on the packaging and user's guide
translations that are necessary outside of the US. We will keep our
website http://www.neurosaudio.com up to date concerning upcoming new
features and availability in your area and on the web
(http://www.neurosaudio.com/is/retailers.asp). We appreciate your input
and suggestions."""

I'm thinking it should work as is, though it might not be 'legal' (I
*will* be using that low power FM feature), of getting someone to
bring me one. The only thing that needs 'fixing' is the charger, I
assume it currently supports only 110V.

Um ... is this kinda off-topic? It's more about the portable player
than about Vorbis. My apologies. ;)

Hugo van der Merwe

--
The earth's surface is accelerating outward at 9.8 meters per sec^2
1024D/60715698: 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698