[vorbis] Virgin Radio now on ices2 - yp not working though

David Jones David.Jones at ginger.com
Thu Jul 3 01:00:34 PDT 2003

> > <encode>
> > 	<quality>2</quality>
> > 	<minimum-bitrate>88000</minimum-bitrate>
> > 	<maximum-bitrate>96000</maximum-bitrate>
>
> I'd skip these two, and just let the quality setting do what
> it's meant to.
> You may have decided this was neccesary, though. Perhaps
> experiment a bit?

On the advice of quite a few people I've changed these now to exclude the
minimum bitrate. I'm keeping the maximum bitrate setting on both the high
and low bandwidth streams, however, as I do want to cap how high the
bandwidth of these streams go. Trust me, if the stream is described as
96kbps on our website, it will confuse users if it goes higher. It also
costs us more in bandwidth charges!

David

David Jones
Head of IT, Virgin Radio