[vorbis] AVI stream w/ AC3 5.1ch

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 06:38:44 PDT 2003

Christopher Granade wrote:

> Perhaps I misunderstand what AC3 is... I did not think it was
> compressed. The problem is, that out of a 900MB file, 150-160 of that is
> audio. Once again, thanks for the help! (/me goes to doom9 forums as
> suggested...)

what's wrong with this, it's around 17% of the bandwith for the audio
signal. i would it's a maximum of 256 kbps for a 5.1 signal, which is
not too much, you should be able to hear the ac3 compression. i doubt
you can get much lower with vorbis without getting much worse audio
quality (you are lossly compressing a already lossly compressed signal).