[vorbis] AVI stream w/ AC3 5.1ch

Peter mail at lala.ath.cx
Wed Jul 23 11:11:23 PDT 2003

> Can BeSweet preserve the 5.1ch? That's my main concern. I've already
> been to the sites mentioned except for the Ogg DirectShow filters, and
> didn't see much mention of whether or not the number of channels is
> preserved. Thanks for the info, BTW.
>     -Chris

It's been a while for me since I last encoded a video, but I remember
that besweet has the ability to create 6ch ogg. So, then yes is the answer.
There's no help file in the current beta zip, but the zip file with
stable (1.4) contains a few docs. And I'm quite sure, you'll find
someone who did it on the doom9 forum. Btw, you could just as well keep
the ac3 (or reencode it with besweet). You don't necessarily have to
transcode to ogg vorbis....

pk