[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis decoder system IP from FineArch Inc.

Koichiro Miyazaki miyazaki at finearch.com
Tue Jul 15 03:30:46 PDT 2003

Hello to all members of the Ogg Vorbis design team:

We, FineArch Inc., are pleased to announce that a hardware Ogg Vorbis
decoder system was completed and released to presses on July 15, 2003.

All functions necessary for a portable player are implemented in one chip so
that any vendor can easily produce a portable player with very few
additional devices, such as flash memory or DAC. The most remarkable feature
of our chip is its operating frequency. We managed to reduce the frequency
to 12 MHz, which we believe is the lowest value that still enables playback
of a 64 kbps Ogg Vorbis bit stream. Such a very low frequency lengthens the
effective battery life of portable players; moreover, it is suitable for
most cellular phones. We believe that these features, especially the latter
one, will provide great benefit to millions of end-users.

We hope that we can provide our chip to portable player vendors as well as
cellular phone manufacturers.

You can find more information and some nice pictures at
http://www.finearch.com/english

Any comments or advice are appreciated.

We thank all of the Ogg Vorbis design members for their great work.
We hope to contribute a hardware solution to your Ogg Vorbis development.

Regards,

--
Koichiro Miyazaki
miyazaki at finearch.com