[vorbis] Virgin Radio Classic Rock now in Ogg too

David Jones David.Jones at ginger.com
Fri Jul 11 09:02:10 PDT 2003

Firstly, please excuse the crosspost to both the icecast and vorbis lists,
and the slightly commercial nature of this post.

Virgin Radio Classic Rock, which is a sister station to Virgin Radio, is now
also available in streaming Ogg Vorbis. We also have 'now playing'
information working on both services.

Links and more information at
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/ogg.html

The 96kbps Virgin Radio Classic Rock stream appears to sound better than the
96kbps Virgin Radio stream. We're looking into why; it will probably be
something to do with the audio processing before it gets to the encoder.

Thanks to all those who have helped us so far in getting our Ogg streams up
and running, especially Karl Heyes for his help with the YP directory
listings. We've had some really positive feedback; it's much appreciated.

David

David Jones
Head of IT, Virgin Radio
t +44 20 7432 3346 f +44 20 7432 3456