[vorbis] Am I the only one who thinks this tagging debate is getting out of hand?

programmer_ted ted at fusionapple.com
Sun Jul 6 13:02:21 PDT 2003

> I'm just a causual reader of  the vorbis at xiph.org list and lately its
> been flooded with this tagging debate(and the what, 5 threads its
> spawned?).  I think that it is getting way out of hand.  I personally
> don't have anything against the proposal(though i'm not for it) but
> lately I've been getting double the number of messages I usually do and
> its really starting to tick me off.  I'm really not sure whats going on
> in the discussion but its getting to the point where I'm starting to
> hate the proposal due to the obscene traffic its genereating.

I have to agree.  I'm using my work email address for the mailing list (I
have no other convenient email address to use) and it's kind of annoying to
think of all the bandwidth I'm wasting each day because of this proposal.  I
don't want to unsubscribe, as I may miss something that's actually worth
reading, and so I'm kind of stuck receiving twenty-or-so emails a day on the
same subject.