Parsability requirements of PART tag (Was: Re: [vorbis] Vorbis Comment question)

Benjamin Weste Pearre bwpearre at alumni.princeton.edu
Sat Jul 5 10:10:01 PDT 2003

> Martinu2.ogg makes sense without a crystal ball if it were sandwiched
> between Martinu1.ogg and martinu3.ogg, which it is.

Only if Martinu only ever wrote 3 movements/pieces/somethings.  It's
rumoured that he wrote other stuff as well ;)

If Martinu2.ogg had a PARTNUMBER tag, it'd be very easy for a script
to rename it to "Martinu: Concerto for 2 pianos and Orchestra
(02).ogg" or some such (since reactor-core's TITLE and COMPOSER are
both in your TITLE whence it can at least be retrieved, although I'd
personally prefer to see TITLE and COMPOSER (and PERFORMER, etc...))

As is, I need a more complicated script for Pandora files, since you
have some of the info in TITLE, and some of the info encoded only in
the filename.

Do I need argue why my filename might be sexier than yours?

Cheers :)
-Ben

--
Ben Pearre         http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben        PGP ID: CFDA6CDA