[vorbis] Flaming

gtgbr at gmx.net gtgbr at gmx.net
Sat Jul 5 05:03:32 PDT 2003

Sune Foldager wrote:
> I thought this was supposed to be a list for educated people to discuss
> serious development of the ogg vorbis project. In light of that, it is
> amazing to see the level Mr. Segher Boessenkool drops down to in the
[...]

It seems that you aren't subscribed to this mailing list for years, yet.
I tried to argue with Jonathan in reasonable ways and at least I didn't
get abused the second time anymore... it's pointless. And it pops up
every few months. Same laments over and over again. Despite the very
unfriendly tone right from the beginning, the Xiph tagging standard has
been extended by the developers with some useful proposals by Jonathan,
like the PERFORMER tag and others, but he fails to see that and won't
shut up until Xiph officially endorses his standard completely, or
adapts it in its entirety. This will not happen, so we have to live with
this coming up every now and then, with the same old arguments,
stubbornness, etc pp. I've stated my own opinion and arguments over and
over again during the last years, and instead of repeating them once
again I'll just point to the archives ... :-/

Bashing anyone for being very annoyed about all this is uncalled for, no
matter what it looks like.