[vorbis] Flaming

Myles Buckley mylesb at conexsys.net
Fri Jul 4 15:39:20 PDT 2003

Graham Mitchell sent in reply to another post on Friday, July 04, 2003
13:30:

>>> Most of the folks on the list don't care about such things...
>> Of the people that posted, more people cared than didn't care.
GM> Certainly.  Such is the nature of the beast.
>> I don't think you can honestly speak for the silent majority.
GM> You are correct.  I am just making an assumption about those
GM> who didn't participate in the discussion based on my own experience.

My experience matches your assumption

GM> Perhaps I'm wrong, and perhaps I'm not.

You are not wrong in my case,  I will add my $.02 here ( and a little more)
I was part of the silent group.

(This is directed to those that wish to impose "standard tags")

NON.ogg format that uses a fixed tagging system.

 I won't use tags - ever - Even IF the OGG format is officially replaced by
a fixed tagging system.

 I like _my_ comments - done _my_way_.  I don't give a rats back-end about
anyone else's commenting methods.  No one should give a rats back-end about
MY comments done MY way either.

  [picture of several young children in a fenced park]

        ...behaviour of juveniles in a limited space clearly identifies the
maturity levels attained... ...children that attempt to enforce behaviour
controls on the others are quickly alienated...  ...children that repeatedly
attempt to enforce controls are soon perceived as a threat...  ...passive
resistance {the use of silence or avoidance} and violence is noted in
dealing with threatening individuals....

The "Recommendations" consistently appear as "behaviour control".  Since
human psychology dictates that behaviour control is a perceived threat, I
fully expect to see reactions of resistance (silence) or violence (flame
wars anyone?).

No matter how noble the reasons, the recommendations proposed - by their
very nature - will be actively resisted.

To everyone in the USA: have a great long weekend.

-Myles Buckley