[vorbis] Ogg vorbis structure

Ledi david.lednik at guest.arnes.si
Fri Jan 24 12:27:56 PST 2003

Hi!

I'm planning a hardware Ogg decoder and I run in a few problems.

In first part of my hardware project i'm learning a structure of Ogg files.
So that a can write a PC based decoder from scratch and convert Ogg back to
Wav. I have problems with decoding setup header of Ogg file. So a can
initilize
Code books, time domains and so on. Is there a more detailed explanation of
this part of the file on the net?
I also read somewheare that vorbis doesn't have fixed paramaters and that
they can vary from file to file. But in all my Ogg files encoded with same
encoder on difrent wav files I get same setup header. Which means that code
books, timedomains and so on are constants and don't have to be read from a
file and intialized. (thay could only need to be initialized if they are
difrent, which simplifies a hardware decoder). Is this just a coincidence or
a fact?