[vorbis] streaming FAQ

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.net
Wed Jan 29 21:15:45 PST 2003

> > You know, we really need a streaming FAQ.  There seem to be LOTS of
> > undocumented command-line switches for oggenc that help in limiting
> > bitrates that folks don't know about.
>
> Actually, all the useful command line switches are documented. :)

Okay, let's assume that when I said "undocumented" I really meant, "I am a
moron."  Looks like I haven't run oggenc --help in too long.

> I'd really suggest taking the other approach of telling people how they can
> optimize their results with the documented features.

I agree.  I think how to use --managed, --downmix, -m and -M properly could be
really helpful.

> People always try to look smarter than they are. :)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
Man:	 What man?