[vorbis] Vorbis GT3 beta 1 ;)

Corey Miller akheron at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 29 16:47:28 PST 2003

MPC is an audio codec built around the idea of transparent encoding.
When you lower the quality you get big files with horrible quality
audio, which ogg files could easily beat in quality and size.  The
impressive thing about MPC is it's ability to make high quality files
that are relatively small and nearly (far more than ogg -q10)
indistinguishable from the original source audio.  Although in most
cases ogg is much better than it, for archival purposes and audiofiles,
MPC is far better.  I really wish we could get ogg to do that :-(  but
if you wanna try out MPC I believe the latest builds can be found here
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/