[vorbis] Re: just an idea about quality evaluation

Stoffke stoffke at directbox.com
Sat Jan 25 16:52:53 PST 2003

<HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff><FONT face="verdana,arial" size="2">

Hello,</P>

 </P>

Thanks for your replies. I see - psychoacoustic might be too complex</P>

to be evaluated with some technical tricks.</P>

 </P>

But I still wonder, where these leftover-sounds come from.</P>

It's interesting, that the signal is almost non-tonal. For example a voice would sound like whisper.</P>

Ogg-files encoded with lower '-q' values would result into more</P>

leftover-information (though it says nothing about the subjective sound</P>

quality)</P>

 </P>

Regards</P>

Stoffke</P></FONT></BODY>