[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis files can be compressed ?!?

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Fri Jan 17 09:27:18 PST 2003

Someone in a post several months ago reported a similar issue.  They
found they could bzip2 an Ogg Vorbis file and get compression ratios
like what you are reporting.  Upon further inspection, I don't think
anyone was able to reproduce his result, though.

Can you tell us what program and options you used to make the Ogg Vorbis
file? If there isn't a copyright issue, could you also post the original
WAV file somewhere so others could try and see if they get the same
result?

---
Stan Seibert