[vorbis] backing up comments

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 28 23:05:10 PST 2003

All this talk about vorbis comments has made me think.
Would it be possible to create backups of the Vorbis comments for my vorbis collection (currently about 1850 files) ?
Instead of having to make sure I enter the correct details into CDex (saving in to cdplayer.ini & backing up that), or if I have comments in the Vorbis files that aren't stored in cdplayer.ini, such as the tags discussed in the current "Vorbis comment question" thread, I was thinking that it would be usefull to have such a tool that reads through the collection, backsup the comments, so if I lose them through system fkukup (I am using win98 after all :-P),  through viral attack, or because I simply re-encode the collection with a newer version of the Vorbis codec.

Any thoughts ?