[vorbis] another cool use for the vorbis direct show filter

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 11:29:51 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Balazic" <david.balazic at uni-mb.si>
To: "Lorenzo Prince" <lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net>; <vorbis at xiph.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis] another cool use for the vorbis direct show filter

> > Hmm. Well, I didn't think of that. Is anyone possibly considering an
> > alternative that would let me do the same thing in a more cross-platform
> > manner?

Maybe try to fiddle with JOrbis ? Its a java-based player, and therefore
cross-platform. If anyone has any luck messing with JOrbis, or similar java
based players for the purpose of replacing the need-to-download-ds-filter &
the embed/bgsound tag, please tell me as i'm desperate for a way to use ogg
on my site without messing about with a load of stuff, or asking visitors to
nicely download a file.