[vorbis] MP3/Vorbis comparision

Frank Grotelueschen fgro at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 15:36:00 PST 2003

Giuliano Pochini wrote:
>High frequency boost in mono files is quite low. Can you try the same
>test with stereo samples ? I think the results will not be same as good.

I have repeated the test with stereo white noise. Both channels are
totaly independent from each other.

I have added mp3-files.
Encoder & decoder was lame, version 3.92 with these parameters:
128 KBit: -mj -b128 -h
160 KBit: -mj -b160 -h
192 Kbit: -mj -b192 -h
vbr1:     -mj -V1 -b128 -F

The stereo ogg-files have nearly the same high frequencies boost as
the mono ogg-files.
The frequencies response off all mp3-files is total flat.

All files, wav, ogg, and gifs from frequency analysis are here:

http://home.t-online.de/home/520022073876/ogg02-whitenoise-stereo.zip

Filesize is around 10 MB.
Because i have only 10 MB space for storing, it was necessary to delete
the mono-files before uploading the stereo-files, sorry.
If someone needs them, i can sent them via email.

Frank