[vorbis] MP3/Vorbis comparision

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 17:17:00 PST 2003

What i should have said is what mp3 settings should i use to compare with each q level of audio.
I plan to be using q-1, q3, q5 and q10- i had lots of fun playing people a 128kbps mp3 and the ogg transcoded to q-1. Not much difference in percieved audio quality, unless you sat there and listened several times with really nice speakers.
I'm going to be using wa2 to make the oggs and the mp3s, and since the plugin written Chun-Yu is the only mp3 writer that i've downloaded so far that doesn't mess up the resulting mp3, it'd be helpfull if someone could suggest what options to use. it uses LAME 3.88.
I highly doubt using a different version of LAME would make a difference, since MP3 just sucks as much ass as the dyson owned by a person with strange sexual tendancies anyway.

orry for the confusion.