[vorbis] iTunes / quick time

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Tue Feb 4 20:42:12 PST 2003

Martin Blackwell wrote:

> Any idea if/when there will be official ogg support for iTunes or
> Quick Time for Mac ?
>
> The dual G4s have this stupid thing where if we stick the quick time
components
> on the Mac and it screws them up, or the Mac gets screwed later, then it
nacks
> up the warranty or sumthin.
>
> Basic point is we need official quicktime or iTunes support so we can
> play Vorbis on the Mac!!!
>
> Anyone heard anything on official support from either product ?

No, but this might interest Mac & Music Fans: there's an article on Slashdot,
saying someone ported Linux on the iPod. According to the project site Tremor
runs at about 80% realtime, but there are still some improvements to come!

http://ipodlinux.sourceforge.net/

-- Daniel

        The fine stream from a grapefruit that always lands right in
your eye.
                -- Sniglets, "Rich Hall & Friends"