[vorbis] Another new (in)famous game using VORBIS!!!

Karel P Kerezman greyduck at greyduck.net
Sun Feb 2 20:20:04 PST 2003

Martin Blackwell wrote:
> "Private Dancer" - the world's first pole-dancing game for the PC...

*laughter* Um. Um. Where to start? Let's see...

"Well, it's about damned time!"

"Aren't the terms 'private' and 'pole-dancing' sort of mutually exclusive?"

"Boy, this will sure raise the credibility of Ogg Vorbis in the gaming
community. Where porn leads, others are sure to follow."

"And the objective of the game would be... what, exactly?"

"How long will we have to wait for a Mac or Linux port of THIS game?"

"What's their target audience? Lonely guys with cash to burn who can't
work up the nerve to visit their local strip bar?"

"Soundtrack by Tina Turner! Or, not."

"Finally, a game that can fully utilize the scroll wheel on my Logitech
mouse!"

"Just what the world needs: Ogg-ified strip-club music."

"Giving the term 'DirectX' all new meaning."

"I can't wait for this to be mindlessly copied by game publishers
everywhere, just like they did with Doom."

"It may be out of character for me to take a stand against computer
gaming, but on this one I have to say: GET A LIFE!"

A dozen ought to do, yeah. For starters.

--
Karel P Kerezman
http://greyduck.net/