[vorbis] Winamp5

Michael Herman michael-lists at thehermans.org
Sun Dec 21 17:32:00 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:45:43PM -0800, Paul E wrote:
>Just thought I'd drop a line since nobody has reported on it here yet
>but Winamp5 (Winamp2 + Winamp3) just came out today.  The best thing is
>that unlike Winamp3, Nullsoft's former flagship player, Winamp5 streams
>Vorbis perfectly.  It seems to be a really good player actually.  Much
>better than 3 and I think I'm going to keep it over 2 also.

I downloaded it from link on slashdot.  It is, so far, excellent.  I had been
using (please don't flame me) Windows Media player with the direct show ogg
playback.  I had some problems with winamp3 so I switched.  But Winamp5 plays
my oggs perfectly and has some nice new search/management features as well.

--
Michael